International driver’s license

It can be easy to misplace documentation, but when it comes to your car’s paperwork, it’s very important to keep it in a safe place. Documents you’ll want to keep include your vehicle registration certificate, MOT documents, log book and any other important documentation relating to your vehicle.

Losing vital documentation can be a concern, especially if you want to sell your car, but it’s nothing to panic about. As long as you know who can provide the duplicates, they will be sent to you within a matter of weeks. Follow our guide on how to replace your car’s important papers.

Driving licenses, whether paper or paper-based, can be replaced through the DVLA. Get in touch and request a duplicate. If none of your details have changed and your licence does not expire within the next 56 days, you can apply by phone on 0300 790 6801.

The logbook, also known as a V5C, provides all the information about the car, including its history, previous and current owner and date of manufacture. This is a vital document when selling the car. If you have lost the logbook, you can apply for a replacement through the DVLA and, whichever method you use, it usually costs £25.

Duplicate driver’s license

Germany has a fantastic railway system. However, it is very easy to buy a car. A car will give you easy access to some of the best places in Germany. Whether buying a used car or changing the owner of the car within the family: The car must be re-registered to the new owner immediately.    In both cases, the re-registration is very similar.    If you don’t take care of it, you risk even a fine.

Read more  Do all care agencies have to register with CQC?

When you buy or take over a used car, it is known as a change of ownership.    Both the registration papers and the car insurance must always be up to date.    Therefore, you have to re-register both in your name immediately after the purchase.

The deadline for re-registration is usually not precisely defined.    Instead, it is handled by the authorities on a very individual basis.    As a precaution, it should not take more than a week.    Otherwise, you may have to pay a fine.

First of all, you should take care of the car insurance.    Because you absolutely need it in order to re-register the car in your name at the vehicle registration office.    You have two options to choose from:

Gov uk

First of all and after speaking personally with the DVLA (Driver & Vehicle Licensing Agency) they made it categorically clear to me that a UK resident CANNOT DRIVE A CAR WITH A FOREIGN REGISTRATION, these were their exact words:

– Document V55/5. This is the document sent to you by the DVLA. You have about 50 boxes where you will put a lot of information about you and your car. Let’s say it is the official document for the change of registration. Once filled in, you put it in what I will call from now on the “envelope”.

And you put the day you entered with the car. In a few hours they will tell you that everything is ok and that Customs gives permission to the DVLA to register your car (you don’t have to send anything, the administrations themselves send the information internally).

– MOT: it is like the ITV but with a big difference. The MOT can be passed in many private garages, that is to say, you will not find the typical ITV official asking for everything. To pass the MOT it is a prerequisite that the speedometer of the car indicates Miles per Hour and that the lights of your car point to the left (in a car with the steering wheel on the left the lights point to the right, and here it dazzles those who come from the front).

Read more  Can you get married in a marquee?

Driving license spain

For those who have a vehicle in the UK, motorcycle or car, since last October 1st, you no longer have to have the famous little piece of paper stuck on the window of the car. But you will still have to pay the tax.

Since October 1st (October 5th or if you are going to apply at a post office) drivers can pay their tax in monthly installments by direct debit. This also means that the tax is automatically renewed, provided the vehicle has a valid MOT certificate.

There is no chance of escaping the check. The DVLA has a digital record of payments and license plate recognition cameras are used to track vehicles and identify those that are not taxed and current.

By Rachel Robison

Rachel Robison is a blogger who collects information on court filings and notices.